What happened to the old forum?

Noise, Power Electronics, Synth-Pop, Noisecore, Industrial, Post-Punk, Drone, Hardcore, etc.
bonecrack

What happened to the old forum?

Post by bonecrack »

Looks like this forum went offline back in march.. I guess all the old content is gone?

:Vragh:

Re: What happened to the old forum?

Post by :Vragh: »

It went offline in late August or early September. No information other than that.

ϟ ϟ ϟ

Post by ϟ ϟ ϟ »

"Hey guys, the forums did indeed die I am sorry to say. An immediate family member passed away after being in a coma for too long this past spring so the last thing on my mind was music and the forums. I regret that, and sincerely hope that I didn't cause any problems with people who were using the forums specifically for exchanging/trading/selling. Hindsight tells me I should have simply handed the board off to Vragh but I didn't think about it at the time. A shame since the entirety of the forums is purged and backups only have like a 30 day grace period after a missed payment before being wiped."

http://www.special-interests.net/forum/ ... c=1303.105

SVNOKKLT

Post by SVNOKKLT »

Happy to see things back up. Wonder if there's potential to still migrate the lost users and activity from the last site? Keeping hopeful

HATEHATEHATE

Post by HATEHATEHATE »

Indeed great to be back here, I checked old dead url regularly and hoped it will come back soon - and today I saw information about new url on Special Interest forum.

Mikk

Post by Mikk »

Shame about the old forum and everything being lost. I found out about this one from NWN forum. I wonder if there is a way to email old user's emails to let them know about this one.

puker

Post by puker »

it's a well known fact among the irc crew that user destined_for reported ryan to the fbi after he was doxxed by fellow forums users and known trolls waterpower and vorticist. ryan was forced to shut down the forums to protect all of us from a government probe. he died for our sins and he will never be forgotten.